One 9" Pie
- Cutting Board
- Food Processor
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Medium Bowl
- Rolling pin
- 9” Pie Pan
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Grated Gruyere or Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 4 oz. Cold butter, cubed
- ½ Cup Cold water
- 2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 Cup Basil Leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flake
- 1 ea. Whole Egg
- 1 lb. Assorted Tomatoes, sliced ¼ in thick
- 1 Tbsp. EVOO
- Sea Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- For the crust: In food processor blend flour, salt, and cheese.
- Add cubed butter and process until a light crumble. Transfer to a large bowl. Add Water and toss. Press dough together until it forms a ball.
- Press dough flat and wrap in plastic. Store in cooler for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Roll out dough with rolling pin. Use flour so dough will not stick.
- Lay dough in the bottom of the 9-inch pie pan.
- Dock the dough by poking it all over with the tines of a fork. Line the dough with parchment or wax paper and fill with baking beans or pie weights. Bake until puffed and lightly golden along the edges, 15 minutes. Remove the weights and liner, and continue to bake until the bottom of the crust is lightly golden, 10 minutes more. Remove and let cool.
- Lay the sliced tomatoes on a layer of paper towels. Salt the tomatoes and let stand at room temperature while making the filling. This will pull some of the moisture out of the tomatoes.
- For the filling: Puree all the filling ingredients in the food processor.
- Assemble Pie: Pour filling into prebaked pie crust, smooth the level.
- Layer tomatoes in the circle to cover filling. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes until filling is set.
- Cool before slicing.
Farm Stand | CSA Shares
With deep roots in agriculture and a legacy of Southern hospitality, Ashbourne Farm is proud to offer fresh, locally grown produce, meats, and more to the community. All of our recipes are made with ingredients available in our Farm Stand and CSA Shares.