One 9" x 13" Pan
Nothing says springtime like strawberries. I like pairing the berries with rhubarb because they complement each other and together make a sweet and tart pretty pink filling. Serve this cobbler warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 2 Medium Bowls
- Mixing spoons
- 9”x13” baking dish
- 4 cups Diced Rhubarb
- 4 cups Strawberries washed and quartered.
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 8 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- ¼ cup Whole Milk
- 1 ea Whole Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F, butter a 9”x13” baking dish. Spread the diced rhubarb in the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the sugar and the corn starch over the berries in a medium bowl and stir together until combined. Let stand 15 minutes so the juices dissolve the sugar and starch. Pour berries over the rhubarb in the pan.
- To make the topping whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the milk, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter. Stir together until combined.
- Spread the batter over the fruit evenly and bake in oven 40-45 minutes until top is golden brown and fruit is bubbly around the edges.
Farm Stand | CSA Shares
With deep roots in agriculture and a legacy of Southern hospitality, Ashbourne Farm is proud to offer fresh, locally grown produce, meats, and more to the community. All of our recipes are made with ingredients available in our Farm Stand and CSA Shares.