If you want healthy, clean eating, this salad is for you! It’s simple, bright, and acidic. You can leave out the sugar, but it helps to round out the vinegar.
- 1 Bunch Lacinato Kale, Washed
- 6 Each Strawberries, Medium Sized
- 1 Each Small Shallot, You’ll Need About Half
- 4 oz. Parmesan Reggiano
- ¼ Cup Toasted and Salted Whole Pecans
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (Braggs If You Have It)
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- ½ - ¼ tsp Salt (Depending On Your Taste)
- 1/8 tsp White Sugar
- Taking one kale leaf at a time, tear center out by hand until whole bunch is complete.
- Slice shallot in half lengthwise then peel papery layer off. Slice across axis to get semi-circle rings. Place in large mixing bowl.
- Add apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and sugar to the large mixing bowl with the shallots. Mix to dissolve salt and sugar.
- Cut off tops of strawberries, the quarter them. Place in bowl with dressing and shallots
- Hand tear de-stemmed kale into 2” (bite sized) pieces and drop into bowl.
- Lightly crush pecan in palm of your hand to break up and wake inner oils. Drop into bowl.
- Toss all ingredients until mixed.
- Place tossed salad on serving bowl or plate. Use a peeler to shave ribbons of parmesan cheese over top of salad and serve.
Farm Stand | CSA Shares
With deep roots in agriculture and a legacy of Southern hospitality, Ashbourne Farm is proud to offer fresh, locally grown produce, meats, and more to the community. All of our recipes are made with ingredients available in our Farm Stand and CSA Shares.